2016 m8000, Speedwerx adjustable pipe w\ L2 can and reeds.

Uptown

Reaction score
I just installed basically a stage 2 Speedwerx kit from Echo. Did the Adj pipe and L2 can, Boysen reeds and PC5. It sounds awesome in the garage!!!!!!
Still have some clutching to finish it off. Echo says to start with Dalton adjustable weights in the primary, has anyone used this saimilar setup? any ideas on how much the stock clutches will be affected.
Haven't tried it out yet... of course but will be heading to the hills soon in january..
Thanks
Patrick R

Dilbert8000

Reaction score
I have same setup on my 16, just with a jaws system. Last year ran clutching stock. It worked really well. Was tossing the idea around of doing some clutch mods this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uptown

Reaction score
Oh sweet! just wondering did yours over rev?? Last year in stock form I was really impressed with the stock clutching. mine has the early build helix, 43* helix...

Dilbert8000

Reaction score
It never did over rev. I can't remember exactly the numbers, haven't been out yet this year. It was pulling right around where it should be though. I'm not even sure what helix I have to be honest. Whatever came stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speedwerx claims 15 hp on their stage 2 kit, you have most of the engine mods not all. With the engine mods both clutches are also changed with springs and weights. You are in a situation where trial and error is how you need to proceed. I agree with Echo on the adjustable weights. I can't find the rpm SW runs their pipe at but it looks to be stock. If that's the case and you gained power you will over rev. The Jaws pipe runs at 83-8500, it made more power and the stock weight works for Dilbert 8000 as the RPM requirement went up. You are in a place now that you should make one change at a time, not a bad idea on any mod. I hope this helps.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh sweet! just wondering did yours over rev?? Last year in stock form I was really impressed with the stock clutching. mine has the early build helix, 43* helix...

I was looking in the parts on line and the early build has the same 48 helix as the later models. Now that being said the parts books have been wrong before, the only way to tell will be to do a visual check.

Uptown

Reaction score
Right on thanks!!! Agree on 1 thing at a time. I played with clutching on my ol 2010 m8 and ended up putting it back to stock only using Dalton weights. I did not know their was such a thing of 'early build' unitill i googled it. Bought mine at the end of the season last year in march, it was still in the crate. Spec sheet says 43S ER3 helix and confirmed that it is. There was some posts somewhere where it read the early build backshifted super well and the later was not as aggressive...... Thinking I will First, ride it and see how it works. 2nd adjust primary weights and possible spring then go from there. Thanks for the input!! Thinking I want a little more hit on the bottom so raising the spring initial rate, probably go for a Speedwerx spring, used a couple in the past and they seem to hold thier tension as they say it would...

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking in the parts on line and the early build has the same 48 helix as the later models. Now that being said the parts books have been wrong before, the only way to tell will be to do a visual check.
Early builds have the 43

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Uptown

Reaction score
Had the sled out in Valemont on dec 27. Ran perfect. Stock Team clutches were spot on at 8200RPM. Also the fuel mapping and throttle response is incredible!! Worked flawless, except for the snow coming in through the upper side panel holes..... Frog skins on order. lol

Top Bottom