!!!!!2015 yamaha yzf motard conversion!!!!!

yammahopper

Reaction score
getting around the city sure beats a truck up, so I want to make my 2015 yzf street legal what do I all need to get away with just driving around the city streets. lights tires plate mount gear ratio horn ect...:confused::confused: all my riding will be done in Edmonton alberta

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like you have to be lucky to get it registered rather than have the bike with all the right parts.

If I was you I'd flip the YZ and get an orange bike with a street designation and all the good parts like a cush drive and a stator that will power more than a flashlight bulb etc.

whiteface

Reaction score
You are lucky enough to use your quad as a commuter, most of the states doesn't allow quad and even sxs to be registered to be use in public streets.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My experience after talking with a few registries agents and a few cops, and running a few different legal KTM's on the street, has been that it's hard to get a straight answer about the matter. Registries told me that it's not the reg slip that makes a bike legal, it's the vehicles equipment ( horn, blinkers, mirrors, etc ). I've asked a couple different cops that weren't sure what was required. I've never been pulled over cause I haven't logged enough miles, and I try to behave, but it's my experience that some big old dorky mirrors and blinkers that keep you out of trouble. Now, if you're jumping every curb and riding on one wheel, I'd expect them to throw the book at you.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I was typing out a response and realized this was a yzf not a yxz. I was thinking sxs not dirt bike. They go by vin number usually. Unless you get really lucky at the dmv and they believe you when you say street legal you will have a hard time getting it done.

Top Bottom