2015 Freeride 154 low sea level gearing option

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Looking at snow checking a Freeride 154". Ride in the praires and only make it to mountains once or twice per year. If I got the factory installed sea level kit would that be still alright for the trips to mountans? Yes I would still need to change clutch weights but would be still good to go?

Or do I just gp with the mountain gearing/clutch setup and just adjust it back to flatlands riding when I get it? Dealer said it would be roughly $300 to setup for flatland riding.

(Mountain riding I'd still consider myself novice rider so I don't go looking for the insane riding)

Thoughts/suggestions?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would not touch a thing. Just ride it. It does fine in the mountains. I actually over rev at home when jumping. Did it about 20 times on sundays ride. More my fault then the sleds I would suspect.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save your money on the doo kit and get a rooster built or Dynamo Joe dual elevation clutch kit.

SparkBuilder

Reaction score
All depends on your elevation at home I guess. I'm at around 2400 ft when I'm home on the prairies, got my XM with the standard clutching from the dealer and it works great around here and out in the mountains. Rare that I ever over rev around home. Highest I've been riding is about 8700 ft and everything still seemed great, rpm right where it needed to be.

amishdonkeys

Reaction score
Home elevation is 1900'. Was thinking just getting factory mountain clutch kit. Change weights for flatland riding so not over revving & put factory weights in for mountains. That's what I do now for my 146 Free-ride

Jasonc

Reaction score
I was thinking about putting on a 21 tooth top gear, I ride at about 1000' most of the time. What do you think?

Top Bottom