2014 brute force clutching???

Trout hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys just seeing what everyone is running for clutch springs when running 28" to 30" tires on the 2012 and newer brutes.

Trout hunter

Reaction score
Alright thanks guy would you recommend doing both the primary and secondary ?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100%, byotch to put in too, but works awsome

I don't remember it being to bad. But I did get the puller and clutch tools. And that was primary spring. I had 28" xtr mudlites and had zero issues turning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry yes, maroon primary , easy to do

Red secondary spring , now I recall, just about twice as long as the stock one

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry yes, maroon primary , easy to do

Red secondary spring , now I recall, just about twice as long as the stock one

Yah I tried to put a yellow secondary in from highlifter and it was about twice as long. I got it in and took it for a ride and it wouldn't go faster then 40.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah I tried to put a yellow secondary in from highlifter and it was about twice as long. I got it in and took it for a ride and it wouldn't go faster then 40.

But pulled like a train

Pretty sure the red was the same, only time I had belt issues was racing down a road wot, no top end, think it would ramp the belt off the clutch lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But pulled like a train

Pretty sure the red was the same, only time I had belt issues was racing down a road wot, no top end, think it would ramp the belt off the clutch lol

It was good in the mud would pull your arms off but sucked on the trails. It was hard on gas cause it would be screaming everywhere! I miss my bf.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was good in the mud would pull your arms off but sucked on the trails. It was hard on gas cause it would be screaming everywhere! I miss my bf.

Me too, it was so snappy

Trout hunter

Reaction score
Changing out the clutch spring and doing tires and lift should I worry about my axles breaking?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't they have pretty tough axles. I had a lift with tires and clutching, lift kit, pipe, chip and drove it hard and never broke a stock axle. But I did put in rhino axles and broke them. So I put the stock ones in and they kept going.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is only one axle that it the best out there... everything else is not as good and some break easier then OEM....lol
the axle i am talking about is Turner evo.......

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't know how the secondaries are on brute force, but arctic cat did us a favor and predrilled holes in the clutch sheave and on the spring helix, we can adjust our spring tension by repositioning the springs in different holes. To easily compress the clutch, get a 2 foot piece of all thread rod, and two big nuts, weld one nut to the bottom flush with the rod, then you slide the clutch on, and tighten the nut and it will compress your clutch and nothing can go anywhere.

Top Bottom