2013Dodge 1500 with sled deck

Reaction score
I seen lots of post about 1/2 ton with sled decks saying there over weight but nothing for the newer 1/2 tons my payload is 3150 and total weight with truck aloud is 10500 just wondering if anybody has looked into if id be overweight with 2 sleds i dont think 2 sleds and gear weigh more then 3150

Reaction score
Ya i was wrong i called the dealership they told me 2400 you look online you get lots of different numbers im just going to load up and go to a scale they will let me know there best that way

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i was wrong i called the dealership they told me 2400 you look online you get lots of different numbers im just going to load up and go to a scale they will let me know there best that way

Don't go by what the dealer says. Go by what your vehicle says. There's a sticker on the driver door. DOT isn't going to care what your salesman tells you it can haul.

Sent from my iPhone

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just trading in the exact same truck 2 weeks ago. One sled is fine. If you want to haul more you will need air bags. You are better off getting a two place aluminum trailer and hauling both sleds that way. Even one sled should have air bags if you are driving at night. The lights will blind people. Believe me you will get sick of people flashing their high beams lol.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just trading in the exact same truck 2 weeks ago. One sled is fine. If you want to haul more you will need air bags. You are better off getting a two place aluminum trailer and hauling both sleds that way. Even one sled should have air bags if you are driving at night. The lights will blind people. Believe me you will get sick of people flashing their high beams lol.

X2..: had a 2010 and anytime I put a sled or load in the box I would adjust my headlights.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought a couple '14 Dodge Quadcab 1500s for work. With toppers, wooden boxliner, wooden packrat and a few tools/parts they were sacked out. Had to take them to Standens to get stiffer rear coils. No way I would consider a deck and two sleds. Brakes, axles, suspension, it's just too light duty.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i weighed my crew sport........i ran the numbers. 1100 lbs. Sooo 2 pro rmks, no liquids in them, the deck needs to weigh 20 lbs, and no one can be sitting in the truck to drive it.

Top Bottom