2013 Polaris Razr 800

jvanhorn285

Reaction score
We purchased a new from dealer Polaris Razr 800 March 2013. It has power steering and engine brake system. It came with a 6 month warranty. We've had it in the shop at the dealer four times in 5 months for a loud obnoxious squealing noise that sounds like it's coming from the engine breaking system. The dealer replaced the drive belt which had no signs of wear at a cost to us of $100.00. It's still making the loud squealing noise so that wasn't the problem. Last time we took it out it was really obnoxious so I recorded the noise on my cell phone and took it into the dealer. At first they tried to say it was normal noises. I then played the recording and they agreed there was something wrong. The dealer has had it for 3 weeks, said they had to order in parts. Checked on it today, they were replacing the belt again which is new. Found out today that the 2014's don't have engine brakes on them. Must have had a lot of problems. Don't recommend engine brakes unless they improve their design flaws. UTV is in shop more than we use it since purchased. Love the power steering and power it has when it's not in the shop.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would the cab mounts be squeaking? the fix is a rubber washer between the mounts. i have the same on a ranger, may be different though?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what Ur saying is the po po squirrel is trying to leave the junk cage.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What, i was thinking it may be all those kawastuki parts i keep picking up on the trail rattling about in the box, wish you would come n pick em up

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Un needed parts. Still goes without them. U should mount them on the po po and have a real ride.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We purchased a new from dealer Polaris Razr 800 March 2013. It has power steering and engine brake system. It came with a 6 month warranty. We've had it in the shop at the dealer four times in 5 months for a loud obnoxious squealing noise that sounds like it's coming from the engine breaking system. The dealer replaced the drive belt which had no signs of wear at a cost to us of $100.00. It's still making the loud squealing noise so that wasn't the problem. Last time we took it out it was really obnoxious so I recorded the noise on my cell phone and took it into the dealer. At first they tried to say it was normal noises. I then played the recording and they agreed there was something wrong. The dealer has had it for 3 weeks, said they had to order in parts. Checked on it today, they were replacing the belt again which is new. Found out today that the 2014's don't have engine brakes on them. Must have had a lot of problems. Don't recommend engine brakes unless they improve their design flaws. UTV is in shop more than we use it since purchased. Love the power steering and power it has when it's not in the shop.

I purchased a 2013 rzr 800 without the engine brake and originaly wanted one installed as i use this thing for strictly trail riding in the BC mountians. After doing numerous inquiries about the engine brake i conclueded that it was best not to have it at all.
I was told by one dealer tech...unofficialy and he never told me, kinda thing...haha, that the Polaris engine brake is more of a gimmick then useful and that it causes the rear wheels too lockup unwillingly and unattentionaly which can cause poor control, especialy on steep grades.
I emmidiately understood what he was talking about because i have experienced the same on my Sportsman, rear wheel lockup while descending a steep hill with little or poor control.
IMO, knowing what i know now about it i would have it removed completely.
The Tech told me Polaris came up with an engine brake system too maintian sells of their units as some of the competition was offering it on their machines. Unfortunetly its a POS system.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our 2009 rzr had engine braking and it worked fine..

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
If I ever go down a hill I use 4wd. To get full engine braking. I don't own a rzr but it kinda goes hand in hand I would say

I would compare the noise you hear to another machine

Sent from my phone

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Un needed parts. Still goes without them. U should mount them on the po po and have a real ride.

Haha, u wouldn't know what a real ride was, Carbs don't cut it anymore,

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, u wouldn't know what a real ride was, Carbs don't cut it anymore,

But mine will still run pretty much no matter what. A fuel injection One don't trust them one bit.

Last weekend one of my choke plungers stuck. Still ran and went through gas but still ran.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But mine will still run pretty much no matter what. A fuel injection One don't trust them one bit.

Last weekend one of my choke plungers stuck. Still ran and went through gas but still ran.

Yours barely runs on a good day...if carbs are so good, what do they come on anymore? weedeaters and lawn mowers...that's it.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fast food, grease burgers and anything not good for you, at least that is what the doc says. His exact words.

" stay away from the carbs, they are just no good, bad for your health and not good for anything that runs"

So kawastuki's are a no, no . Definitely 4 out of 5 doctors recommend fuel injection over cheap, foul running, smelly, Third world carbs. 9 out of 10 dentists also agreed in the latest study done, carbs sre unhealthy

Top Bottom