2012 etec bog again

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you ever removed the sensor and used anything to clean it off? If you did remove it, did you see a lot of build up on it?

The pipe sensor is basically a solid stainless probe. I haven't (so far) had one issue with a pipe or can sensor.

yea i removed it to check it out in banged it but it only had 300 kms so it looked good

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem was with the sensor in the can again (now i carry a spare)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Mabe put in some sea foam every tank...

To get the moisture out if there is any and also for pinging

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

it seems quite a bit more complicated than that tex78.

Spare sensor makes sense but I'm not understanding the voltage thing. Is it just a glitch or a design problem?

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ed them with my stock headlights. Sled works perfectly now with one small exception... with the hand/thumb warmers on there is a very slight (and I stress slight) hesitation during hard acceleration. Any ideas?

I just bought a 2011 Summit X last week - have not had it out yet but... I was adjusting the handlebars and riser to suit me and noticed a wire was out of a connector. I traced it to the heated grips (org with blue stripe). The wire for the other side was also pulled out of its connector. This is an E Start but the battery only holds a charge for a short time so its toast. The previous owner had rode without the battery in as he wanted it as light as he could get it.

So could a load on the system drop the voltage enough to mess with the electronics and cause bogging etc?

I have not ridden it yet other than around my acreage and I am planning on putting a new battery in but more knowledge on this would be appreciated.

sar

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011 Summit X last week - have not had it out yet but... I was adjusting the handlebars and riser to suit me and noticed a wire was out of a connector. I traced it to the heated grips (org with blue stripe). The wire for the other side was also pulled out of its connector. This is an E Start but the battery only holds a charge for a short time so its toast. The previous owner had rode without the battery in as he wanted it as light as he could get it.

So could a load on the system drop the voltage enough to mess with the electronics and cause bogging etc?

I have not ridden it yet other than around my acreage and I am planning on putting a new battery in but more knowledge on this would be appreciated.

Good question... wish I had an answer. Perhaps someone out there does.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 05 Renegade is/was very sensitive to battery condition but is totally different than the Summit as it (the Summit) doesn't need a good battery to operate. The Renegade lost it's marbles without a good battery.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The 2011 does not seem to have the same problems as the 12 as the injectors are smaller. Youi may have other problems but not from voltage issues.

Top Bottom