Reaction score

Attachments

• ATV.jpg
    ATV.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 204

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, i did know about the TCS but what caught me attention now is the last race, being a cross country... i have always liked the GNCC racing from down eastern US.. i even go as far as going to some just to watch.. it is so supported down there... from my contacts over the years, i have made good friends with a bunch of the Can Am X team 4 x 4 riders.. looking forward to going again soon...

but anyways, here is the thing.. there are lots of guys, i know..that would love to get into x c racing with 4 x 4 's... riding an MX track is really for 2X 4's but dont jump on me you 4 x 4 guys that ride an MX track cause i had a memebership in Rocky at TTR with my modded 07 Renegade..rode there for 3 1/2 years.. got not bad at it but its a beating for a heavy 4 x 4....

thats why probably no body else comes out to the mx stuff.. BUT if there was enough support.. there could maybe be more than just 1 Cross Country race...
the other problem is ..for one Xc race guys who would probably come out don't cause they don't want to pay that membership just for 1 race..

those are the common problems... i did contact some lady that runs the Triple crown? talked to her.. told here about the battenfelder atv rodeo too that holds twice a year up by Barrhead...

so just putting out there something.. i bet i know at least a dozen guys what would in a blink of an eye do a cross country... even one.. but not at the membership price...

ahhhh.. i went back and seen Teri's name on there to contact.. that is her, i believe i talked too a while ago here.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems strange that with all the interest in atvs here in alberta and Sask that ther aren't more venues. Like anything else though you do have to have a good group willing to look after something like this. Just the liability issues are enough to discourage anyone from doing it. The Battenfelds are doing their part to get the party started. I wonder if they would be interested in holding a properly sanctioned event? I know in my heart I would never beat a renegade with my outlander in cross country but another outlander, bring it! JMHO

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, hopfully the CMRA see's this and does something about it maybe... changing the subject, look at motocross, it is quite big.. i was at the pro nationals today and it was packed! they let bikes ride there,, but heaven for bid a quad.. negative people.. they should follow there counterparts in the US that do both venuves in the same weekend... we are so backwards here.. now i know, we are getting off topic here about doing cross country but just relating the problems of mx riding with a quad..

i would'nt mind a membership here at calgarys track to ride the quad.. that would be fun.. i enjoyed riding TTR in Rocky mnt. House.. they let quads on there track...
Had a membership there for 4 years man.. every weekend, when i went up to my place at wilderness, we had a few of us that rode the track for a few hours on one or both days we where up there. lots of fun and you get a chance to practice on the jumping.. you get good after a while.. but its hard on a 4 x 4. The biggest percentage of quadders would want to do a XC event that have a 4X4, anyways.. not everyody is into a track... and really, i enjoy XC way more than track....

Now there is a few mx races for quads so its not suffering as bad as getting people involved in XC events...

Last edited:

toyz

Reaction score
i might have to go see that. Tried it once did not end well, but it was a lot of fun.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there's one race on sept 15th. It's a start at least!
the problem is you have to buy a membership before you can race! sooo is 1 race worth 130 dollars? and then the entry fee of 30 bucks to boot! not worth it.. as a 4 x 4, what class would you be in and good chance you be by yourself, or race 2 x 4 's.

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI

Teri or I will post some more info in the next day or so.....

FYI you can purchase a day pass that is only $40.00 plus the class entry fee....

We have seperate classes for Side by side's, 4WD and 2WD...I'll post the class list so you can see

Top Bottom