2011 Pro Rmk Mid-Range Throttle Bog

DDebert

Reaction score
Having alittle trouble finding other threads on this.. 2011 Pro rmk with a mid-range bog, 1500 miles with only mbrp can on it. When riding at approx 5000 rpm then go to crack on the throttle sled gets to 7500 rpm and bogs right out, get off the throttle and back on the bog is gone. If you roll on the throttle instead of an instanatious hammering it also rolls past the point where it always bogs and pulls 8200 rpm. End of last year pulled exashust values and cleaned them checked the bladders and it got rid of the bog for probably 100 miles then it started to occur again. Was just wondering if anyone else has heard of a prolem like this or has any suggestions.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that should be enough weight at that elevation for sure Fuel filter maybe? Have you checked your compression lately?

summitx411

Reaction score
Had an issue with my etec, was the can. Had weird midrange bog, put stock can back on and was cured.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's likely your TPS Sensor. Had the exact same issue on my 12 last year. Are you getting a warning light on your dash as well that comes and goes?

DDebert

Reaction score
Not the can tried the stocker and same thing also no warning lights. Gonna check compression and fuel filter this weekend. Could it be a problem with the mapping of the ecu had it replace about a year ago and not saying its done it ever since but it has been occuring for a while

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the can tried the stocker and same thing also no warning lights. Gonna check compression and fuel filter this weekend. Could it be a problem with the mapping of the ecu had it replace about a year ago and not saying its done it ever since but it has been occuring for a while
My warning light only came on when the actual bog happened, which was tough to catch, because you need to be staring at your dash while you are hammering it wide open. Your dealer can plug it in and run a diagnostic, but that could come up with nothing as well.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My warning light only came on when the actual bog happened, which was tough to catch, because you need to be staring at your dash while you are hammering it wide open. Your dealer can plug it in and run a diagnostic, but that could come up with nothing as well.

How is your throttle cable free play?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What color of injectors do you have? If you have anything but yellow, you should replace them. Good chance thats your problem. 2011 had problems with injectors. You can only replace them with yellow now. Polaris won't even sell you another color. I have also seen 2 sleds where the harness on the injectors is rubbed and the wires short out.

Top Bottom