2011 Pro RMK ECM

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions of when the ecm will release its breakin mode and go to full power. I've heard now two storys one 2.5 HRS and 400miles.:dunno:

Kashworth

Reaction score
I was told 3 hours on the ECM, from reading others they said after 2.5 their sleds woke up. I know I was told with my 09 D8 it was at the 400 mile mark
, but it sure felt broke in after the first day of riding with only 80miles.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 hours according to a source at Polaris. I haven't heard anything about a certain amount of miles.

I'm tired of waiting for decent snow. I may take my sled for a rip around my yard this weekend. I wonder how many times I can circle around my house in 3 hours?:d

Last edited:

Kashworth

Reaction score
I'm tired of waiting for decent snow. I may take my sled for a rip around my yard this weekend. I wonder how many times I can circle around my house in 3 hours?:d[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I drove around my place on the grass that only had a tad bit of snow. Just couldn't resist.:)

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 hours according to a source at Polaris. I haven't heard anything about a certain amount of miles.

I'm tired of waiting for decent snow. I may take my sled for a rip around my yard this weekend. I wonder how many times I can circle around my house in 3 hours?:d

:yeahthat::lol:

psnider

Reaction score
Right from the dealer here...2.5 hrs.

I now have 4.4 on mine from yesterday...it was awesome. I was climbing a hill when mine hit 2.5 and wooohooooo it became a rocketship and didn't even slow down in the 5 feet of powder.it actually picked up speed. What a different ride compared to my 08 RMK.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right from the dealer here...2.5 hrs.

I now have 4.4 on mine from yesterday...it was awesome. I was climbing a hill when mine hit 2.5 and wooohooooo it became a rocketship and didn't even slow down in the 5 feet of powder.it actually picked up speed. What a different ride compared to my 08 RMK.

Cool!! Where were you riding?

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man this sucks waiting to go for a ride. Hey all you guys with new pro rides, has your dealers instructed you to add a litre of oil to your first full tank for break in? Mine did.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man this sucks waiting to go for a ride. Hey all you guys with new pro rides, has your dealers instructed you to add a litre of oil to your first full tank for break in? Mine did.

Yup. Polaris Blue. Also, don't just pour it in the tank. Mix it in gas cans first. It doesn't mix as well as you might think.:beer:

psnider

Reaction score
Cool!! Where were you riding?

We were in corbin/fernie. It was awesome for november...still had to watch out for land mines though..it pulls great....

Also if the people on here don't know about the chip thats in the bag better check owners manual about it...It is just above and behind the left side of the oil tank. if you are not running ethanol gas which you shouldn't they have a chip already installed from factory that says 10% ethanol. Take the one out of the tool pouch that says for non ethanol and plug that in..gives you more power.alot of the dealers haven't told anyone this.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dealer told me to put i litre to a full tank. They also showed me the extra plug and where it is installed. Now just to get some miles on it.

shellnekov

Reaction score

Mine said to add 2 litres. One per 5 gallons. Wonder which one is correct, see what my dealers says this time.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't do it. 1 Litre is plenty, i actually think it is a little too much, but this is right from the mechanic. He told me 1 litre to a full tank of reg fuel with the 10% eth plug in. Then after that run good premium, change the plug and hold it to the bar. 17th to the 24th, cant wait.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine said to add 2 litres. One per 5 gallons. Wonder which one is correct, see what my dealers says this time.

That's what the manual states. My dealer told be that that much oil is a bit excessive (a lot of smoke and messed up plugs). My dealer recommended just 1 liter for the tank, and keep a close eye on the oil tank to make sure the level is dropping.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here x2.

Hey love the work you did on your pro Mike. Looks real good, just enuff.

Top Bottom