2011-14 XP summit sports (Electric start install).

Mustangrh68

Reaction score
Has anyone heard about someone installing an electric start on a sport model xp? I am looking at getting an 11 600 sport for my wife that weighs all of 125 lbs. And has a very hard time pulling them. The sports do not have electric start as an option and was wondering if they you can put one on! Talked to the dealer here in AB and the could not give me a reason why it is not available on these XP chassis units. Anyone got one? All my other XP's have the starter mount built into the motor mount beside the clutch. Maybe the sports don't. No idea. Any help would be great. This seems to be the case with the 800 and the 600 p-tech engine that is available on them.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can put an e start on the 600. I just finished an install on my '14 800 Ptek the install is identical with the exception of the spacer required between the starter and the block on the 600 that is included in the kit. At $599 for the kit it was worth every penny. Took me about 2 hours to do the install but im very anal on the exact placement of every wire, clip, and ziptie. The instuctions in the brp installation manual were ok. I suggest sitting down with a coffee and a highlighter and reading the whole thing through and highlight the 600 Ptek steps and mark the steps by number yourself as the instructions are for the etec 600, etec 800, ptec 600, and ptec 800. Not to hard of a job and it is truely plug n play. The most difficult part of the install is the wiring. The Ptek uses the full harness. You do not need to add the coil wire

Last edited:
Top Bottom