2010 M8 head on 07 motor?

mustard73

Reaction score
Anyone put a stock 2010 M8 head on a 2007 M8 motor? How well did it work?

With the higher compression, do I need a fuel controller? Currently I'm running a y-pipe, can and BDX intake.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BUMP BUMP.
thinking about doing this, or a Linderman head mod, to my GF's sled 'cause I absolutely hate double pumping 87 and 91 between her sled and mine 'cause it's pay at the pump all over BC and jumping on and off my sled deck when it's on 37's sucks ma balls. Just wanting to hear some thoughts.

mustard73

Reaction score
BUMP BUMP.
thinking about doing this, or a Linderman head mod, to my GF's sled 'cause I absolutely hate double pumping 87 and 91 between her sled and mine 'cause it's pay at the pump all over BC and jumping on and off my sled deck when it's on 37's sucks ma balls. Just wanting to hear some thoughts.

You can run 91 in the 07 without the higher compression head. I do all the time.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've run 91 in every sled & atv even the old 1986 225 gets premium....

Sorry, but I need to ask why? Not trying to be a smart ass but if you dont need to run premium is it not a waste of money? I hate to see people through away money if they dont need to.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I need to ask why? Not trying to be a smart ass but if you dont need to run premium is it not a waste of money? I hate to see people through away money if they dont need to.

Run premium in anything. You will notice the difference, all two strokes need 91 octane or better (with the exception of a chainsaw or lawnmower). It's way better on them and cleans them out. Its a cheap mod in my opinion, motor runs better and longer.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
On a 20L tank running premium costs an extra $2..... I've been told that premium is better for the smaller motors and keeps them running stronger, cleaner, longer....

Even in my car I find the exrta $5.50 cost for premium gets me an exta 50-70km on a tank....

And for the guy runnin 37's I'm assuming fuel economy isn't a high priority....

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Run premium in anything. You will notice the difference, all two strokes need 91 octane or better (with the exception of a chainsaw or lawnmower). It's way better on them and cleans them out. Its a cheap mod in my opinion, motor runs better and longer.

Here is a good read > Here is a quote from this article. "When fueling up a sled, buy what the owner’s manual suggests. Don’t choose high-octane fuels because you think a machine will run better or faster. Fuel with a higher octane rating will not improve power in an engine that has been calibrated to run on 87-octane fuel."

Especially if you are riding at high elevation. I just want to save you some money! :)

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I'll stop my preaching now. I run 91+ octane in my sled as well. I use aftermarket heads with higher compression than stock which is why I use 91+. I always measure the squish and compression when swapping out heads just to see what the difference is compared to stock.

Top Bottom