2010 m1000 won't start need help

Todd Lawton

Reaction score
I have a 2010 m1000 that will not start, has 1700 miles on it, the stator has been changed, and it will start if fuel is poured into the cylinder. Once it runs it starts fine, first pull. It will not start up cold. I pulled the fuel line off of the tank and pulled it over and fuel did shoot out. The fuel was drained out and fresh put in. It does have an SLP single pipe, can, and Boondocker. I tried disconnecting the BD box and nothing changed. I pulled a plug and checked to see if it was wet and it looked like it was dry. Could the fuel pump not be putting out enough pressure, or could the fuel pump not be getting enough power to pump properly on a start? Could this be an injector problem?

Todd Lawton

Reaction score
Well we put a gauge on the fuel pump and there is 40 pounds after 3 pulls, we checked the voltage going to the pump and there was 12 volts going into the pump. We checked the voltage going to the injectors and the were both at 6 volts. We checked the kill switch and the throttle safety switch with a volt meter and could find nothing wrong. Now there is no spark at all, does anyone know what else can be checked?

Last edited:

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might seem silly but my friend's son had an AC M8 with similar issues. He toggled the headlights from high beam to low beam and the sled runs. He found this out at a sled rally when he was SOL on the side of the trail and some chick passed us and said this. We were all. ... Ya right. Geez thanks. She rode off and we tried it.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a different ECU. When these M series sleds tend to have issues, seems like 75% of the time is an ECU thing.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the pins in the wiring connector at your ECU. Just had this problem with my nephews M8. Pins were corroded. Cleaned them up and it runs like a champ......after spending a week checking everything else first unfortunately.

Top Bottom