2009 polaris engine light flashing need help!!

dglionna

Reaction score
Hey ill be riding my dragon and if am riding in powder all day its runs perfect but its on the trail coming down for the mountain my engine light will start flashing and wont stop flashing and goes into limp mode but ill shut it off then turn it back on and its good. No temp light or anything comes on but if i just hold it at a quarter throttle it wont do it.. its just if i nail on the throttle.. If anyone had this happen please let me no it would really help me out

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a detonation issue. The blinking lights is in a set sequence. Figure that out and call your dealer. Maybe it's not allowing the fuel controller to compensate for altitude. Leaning it out.

dglionna

Reaction score
Its not leaning out checked plugs and there good i have the pms fix kit in it and slp full exaust just incase that has something to do with it but its only on trail when am playing around and climbing and stuff it doest do it untill either coming up or going down on the trail

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the fix fit and slp stage 3, i had DETO issues(same as you are describing) on the trail rides up also , i have corrected these issues with about 15-25% av gas per tank. you may not need as much with out the hi comp head.

Like2GoFast

Reaction score
If u turn it off and then restart to clear the fault, you could have a faulty sensor. If there was a real problem, shutting it down wouldn't clear the fault. Gotta get it to a dealer, so they can put the computer on it and find out what fault code is coming up. Sounds like a similar problem to mine. Let me know how it works out.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledtillded, i forgot that point, i believe you are on to something there, the fuel controllers work wonders for these engines even with just the pipe

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When those machines detonate, the ecm derates the eng. If you shut it off, and restart it, it will reset allowing everything to run perfect again until it detonates again.

Top Bottom