2009 dragon 800 155

HOGlover

Reaction score
two more down for repairs. dragon 1 has 107 miles on it,dragon 2 has 400 miles on it. slidders split in half. we'll see what polaris does about this,possibly track and rail damage. anyone else have this problem? maybe valemounts to tuff for these sleds.

shakey

Reaction score
got no issues with mine ,put new highfax on at 200 miles/ gotta use scratchers'
have 550 miles on now (filled holes around gauges and head lamp adjuster knob
with silicone).. best idea ? also use temp gauge on trails ,heard of mid range runnin
lean ,my temps stay around 130 ; dealer says no reflash needed, time will tell

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had earily this year my track heated up do to not useing ice scratchers with snow less then 3 inchs its in the manuel, i also added their boogie wheel kit this helps to, as well for safety i run with the temp setting on an at 80 c i drop the scratchers down and it cools fast to 50 c , i ran 250km in valemont 2 weeks ago and no problems mines got over 500 k and no problems yet other than cheap plugs the dealer supplyed me with running ngks now but i have trillum plugs on order at 14 bucks a pop , but im haveing no problems as of yet other than the tree at Allen creek that jumped out in front of me and bent my upper a arm , but i love the sled

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with silicone).. best idea ? also use temp gauge on trails ,heard of mid range runnin

Get a new dealer. Seriously, find a dealer that will give you the new flash. I didn’t have any problems with my RMK, but I got the new flash anyway. It runs stronger, and I feel a more confident that I will get back home without a tow rope.:beer:

Maybe the dealer is thinking he can send a bigger warranty bill back to Polaris for a rebuild latter, if he doesn’t give you the new flash now.:confused:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
two more down for repairs. dragon 1 has 107 miles on it,dragon 2 has 400 miles on it. slidders split in half. we'll see what polaris does about this,possibly track and rail damage. anyone else have this problem? maybe valemounts to tuff for these sleds.

I just had to replace my sliders and i ride with my scratchers all the time 450miles, i think i'm going to add some bogie wheels. but on the other hand they are really easy to replace did it in a couple hrs with a few :beer::beer:

wheeline

Reaction score

What happens if you don't silicone the holes?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a new dealer. Seriously, find a dealer that will give you the new flash. I didn’t have any problems with my RMK, but I got the new flash anyway. It runs stronger, and I feel a more confident that I will get back home without a tow rope.:beer:

Maybe the dealer is thinking he can send a bigger warranty bill back to Polaris for a rebuild latter, if he doesn’t give you the new flash now.:confused:

what he said.......:beer::beer::beer:

Mister Bee

Reaction score
My buddy's 09 dragon burnt the sliders off at 500km's. We were at renshaw and he had to ride it out and the rails were toast when we got to the parking lot. The slider's were covered under warranty but not the rails. He had an 07 dragon prior to this one with 2200 km with no slider issues and the 07 dragons didn't have any wheels in the front either. On buddy's 09 they found that the front shock on the rear skid was pooched and as soon as he would sit on it he would bottom out and if you were in the trailer you could see that the only part of the track on the ground was the back 18", so they figured that this contributed to the problem. Oh yeah and he used scratchers 100% of the time when on the trail.

shakey

Reaction score

put on graph-ite high fax (black)... white factory sliders are crap anyways'

Last edited:
Top Bottom