2009 Assault 800 top end bog

KevinF

Reaction score
I've read a lot of stuff on this particular problem. Was wondering if anyone has come up with any new solutions. I've recently purchased this sled, love it except for the occasional bog when barring it up a hill or pulling some deep snow on top end. The Bottom and midrange power is fine. I've only ran Chevron supreme with Lucas Oil octane boost and the ethanol wires plugged together. Should those wires be undone because of the Chevron fuel? The engine is a 2010 with all updates. When this bog happens a quick burp on the throttle and it opens back up and pulls hard. Any thoughts? Also it has an MBRP stinger on it and i've heard this may be a contributing factor. Any new solutions, thoughts, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try unplugging those wires and check to make sure your thottle cable freeplay is set correctly. Should say in your owners manual how to adjust it.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the bog, but in midrange. One dealer says the MBRP can may be the problem yet another dealer says they've never heard that one. Mine is the 2010 Dragon.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 08 800 Dragon and it had a bog too and the dealer said that it's when it switches in-between injectors.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100:1 mix of polaris gold oil in the gas and I think it's 10% race fuel esp. with a can.
Check your belt too, how many miles on it? Is the cluch set up for your altitude?

Top Bottom