2009 apex

TUCHODI

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a decked out 2009 apex mtx. it has a ton of work done to it and i would like some advice. Is a rear mounted turbo going to be able to give me enough boost? I think it is the MxCexpress. I have riddena lot of different sleds but nothing in the last 4 yrs. I want a sled that is still a comfortable ride and my prefference is not really super light like the Nytro. The sled is still 162"...Is that enough to ride the Revelstoke snow?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless you know who your buying buying from, an already decked out apex could be risky. some backyard mechanic may have assembled it in his shed and there may be some surprises under the hood. but if you know the sled and its owner well, probably would be fine. just my 2c

TUCHODI

Reaction score
thanks, it is a new unit built by a dealer . it is under warranty and very expensive but i think i would rather buy it instead of used. It looks like a short run or two on it for set up. Do i need the boost controller and guages etc or will that automatically be on it. I just dont want to buy it and then learn about all the things i should have got with it or find out it is not enough sled to play in Revelstoke. thanks for your help.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haaaa super light and nytro should be in the same sentence haaaaa:d and for the gauges they are always an option but i would put them on and i should come with a boost controler and if 370hp isnt enuff power for u to ride revy nuthing will just saying

Last edited:

TUCHODI

Reaction score
o.k. o.k. ....... i know nothing compared to the flimsy but wicked 2 strokes but I used to ride vma4800's so everything is super light to me! I am hoping that it is a good install and will likely take the machine down to bare bones to make sure everything is tight and propperly routed. I am a journeyman tech with too many yrs in auto and small engine to just blindly trust all mechanics. I have spent quite a bit of time reserching but no riding time in a while so i really appreciate any advice!

HARDCORE

Reaction score
I have a good bro that has an 09 apex 600kms 4 sale as well with a few mods nothing extreme, but 4 a very good buy, if you have not made up your mind as of yet!

TUCHODI

Reaction score
dealer is financing and really trying hard to get my kind of not terrific credit approved other wise i would be interested. next year i will be in better shape to buy a used second sled. i want my first sled in 4 years to be as close to new as possible with warranty on it as long as possible. Everyone says i should get a Nytro but i dont like the riding position- too far forward for an old guy like me. also i am hooked on the sound of the r1 engine!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To answer your other question, yes a 162" is still plenty and a turbo apex will have plenty of power. There is the odd 174" but for the most part 162" is still the longest, and a 151" ish will still got a long ways. You'll be set for quite a while with that sled.

Top Bottom