2009 850XP brake pads

bod13

Reaction score
What type of aftermarket brake pads have you been using for the XP's? I've only been out about 10 times on my 850XP and the pads are shot already. I may even need new rotors as it looks like it is just metal on metal. They must be using cheap pads from the factory. I looked up the EBC ones and they don't seem to make a "Severe Duty" one for the XP, just a "Long Life". Are the Long Life ones going to last? Are there any other manufacturer's? Where's the cheapest place to buy them? Thanks in advance!

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
sorry man thats the only ones available for ur application, i chekt vesrah, dp brakes and ebc. those long life sintered should last longer than ur stock pads.
i have a cust w the long life sintered on(installed in june) and havent seen him back for brakes yet. And this ol guy bring's his stuff in like a religion.
It sounds like u ride in a lot of crap, after ur done ur ride just rinse off ur brake setup, so the mud doesn't have tiome to harden and act like sandpaper when u go for the nxt ride.
EBC'S should only cost u around 45 bucks,

500 King

Reaction score
I agree. You might as well try some different sintered metallic pads. I know a few guys that go through the OEM pads on their XP's every couple hundred miles... and that's with washing them thoroughly after every ride.

denseleit

Reaction score
I've been through so many brake pad sets its not even funny. I've tried different ones, even tried the sportsman pads(with a little modification) and they all don't last. I haven't tried the ebc yet. The set I have now is a factory polaris sintered set and seems to be lasting...Not sure if guys are having their pads wear out evenly front to rear..My rear have been going at a 2 to 1 ratio over the fronts. Figured out the rear brakes were not fully releasing, so I bought a couple springs at Canadian tire, cut to fit right length and put between the rear pads on the sliders and its been working for atleast 500kms now with only a little wear so far.

500 King

Reaction score
Figured out the rear brakes were not fully releasing, so I bought a couple springs at Canadian tire, cut to fit right length and put between the rear pads on the sliders and its been working for atleast 500kms now with only a little wear so far.

That makes sense. There has to be something inherently wrong with the XP braking system to cause them to "eat" brakes. I've seen them go in less than 150 miles... not good.

Hope you resolved your issue.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get 500 km to a set of pads on the 850

The rzr lasts longer.

fishmanmark

Reaction score
buy the standard razr front brake pads, part number 2203318... you will be happy with these, last a crap load longer

i used two sets of standard brake pads for the xp, and also bought the ebc pads, the stock brakes have no noise and dont brake well, ebc brakes have much better braking...but still wear out in 300 km... plus they are very loud, buy the part number above and you will be happy

as for the rotor wearing out.... i got no fix for that yet, they are soft and will wear fast, just replace as needed

Oilerfan99

Reaction score
You guys must be all over the brakes, I just changed mine for the first time in my 2011 850 XP after 1,100 km, in fact I could probably have ridden another couple hundred km's but I figured may as well start the season with new brakes. I ride in a lot of sand and not scared to play in the mud I just rarely use the brakes.

Top Bottom