2008 XP 800 fouling plug on mag side

Side Show

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to put some feelers out for an issue I ran into today. About half way through the day, sled started running like garbage. Changed the plugs and away it went. About an hour later, same thing. Checked the plugs, and the mag side was fouled. Problem persisted for the rest of the day. Anybody have any ideas?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same issue was happening with my bud's '08, we checked everything including reeds and it turned out to be a loose plug wire where it comes out of the coil. made the spark weak and kept fouling the plug. not saying that's it for sure, but something to check.

Side Show

Reaction score
Just ripped everything apart. Had a look at all the DPM hoses. The plug wires look fine. I noticed quite a bit of oil under my y pipe. Any help I could get on this would be awesome. This is my first xp and don't know much about them. I should also note that the problem seemed to clear up when I got further down the hill

Side Show

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything on my own so I took it to the Doo dealer. Turns out stator was pooched. Dropping spark at idle, not enough juice to burn the plugs off. Going for a rip tomorrow to check it out

Top Bottom