2008 Rear Suspension Update To 2012

Side Show

Reaction score
Does anybody have the part number for the rear suspension update kit to change my sacked out 08 Everest to 2012 X rear suspension? Anything to watch out for with the swap? Does it come with a new rear shock or will I have to order one?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went with the rear upgrade a few years ago, it helped a bit, but still saged, and the shock lost charge quick, was a waste of money

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine did the Extreme Air Vent rear susp. upgrade to his and it worked awesome this year. Both of ours have the S36 front end and his is way better for sag and it improved how it pulls over.(flicky) Mine will have it for next year.

He didnt need the relocate brackets because his Iceage rails have holes for the longer shock.

Side Show

Reaction score
I had look at the link you sent me. The kit looks good. I am going to do the S-36 kit, rear upgrade, and a 2.5" CE this spring. Any idea if the 2.5" CE track is a direct bolt in?

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had look at the link you sent me. The kit looks good. I am going to do the S-36 kit, rear upgrade, and a 2.5" CE this spring. Any idea if the 2.5" CE track is a direct bolt in?

Yup on the 2.5" I did the 163x2.5 he did the 154x2.5. hardest part is pulling the brake caliper I bought the Doo puller so it easy now. I've heard of peeps doing with pry bars but its not worth it to me.

Side Show

Reaction score
How do you like the 2.5 ce? Worth the money? Did you stay with the stock drivers or change to 7 tooth 3.00 pitch?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the part number for the rear suspension update kit to change my sacked out 08 Everest to 2012 X rear suspension? Anything to watch out for with the swap? Does it come with a new rear shock or will I have to order one?

why would you do the update to the 12 when it already has been outdated.... save your money and get the t-motion upgrade from skidoo. This is whats going on my 08, and for $325 how can you say no.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like the 2.5 ce? Worth the money? Did you stay with the stock drivers or change to 7 tooth 3.00 pitch?

I think it is worth it. I noticed in the fine/sugar snow the most.(probably due to the non ported just as much as the 2.5) I stayed with the stock drivers. If I was to change to a 3 pitch I think I'd go 3" track. I dont think its worth changing drivers (money wise) just for 1/4"/non-ported.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would you do the update to the 12 when it already has been outdated.... save your money and get the t-motion upgrade from skidoo. This is whats going on my 08, and for $325 how can you say no.

I would do both! The T-motion upgrade doesnt change the shocks. My buddies sled (with the shock upgrade) is $500 more flicky than mine so that PLUS the T-motion I'm guessing would be the ticket. I wont know till next year about the T-motion as I dont know anyone that has done it? I'd be willing to bet that the shock upgrade would enhance the T-motion upgrade. JMO

I'll let you know next year as both are going on mine:beer:

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I put the 2.5" in my 08 and it is by far the bes upgrade i have ever done to a snowmobile for the cost.....huge improvement for a direct bolt-up mod. Only small issue i had was persuading the brake disc off, get's seized on there pretty good, after that easy as pie.

Top Bottom