2008 polaris 700 wont idle

aerocharged polaris

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 2008 polaris dragon 700 (it also has an aerocharger 53 series turbo that I just installed on it, but I know that has nothing to do with the problem) ... it will start and then die right away, if I hold the throttle on, it'll run about 3000 to 3500 RPM and up just fine, but as soon as I let off it dies again, I'm thinking its an electrical problem, considering I have pulled all the connectors apart by the handle bars (to get the bars off) but I put them all back together correctly (I have checked sevral times) and I also disconnected the main plug that goes to the headlight and dash, I did start it once with that unplug, but reconnected it right away. I cant seem to figure out what the problem is, any help would be appreciated!!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
... figured it out, it was the TSS (Throttle Safety Switch)
Glad to hear you found the problem. On the arctic cats you can just unplug the sensor and go from there, but i have had luck in repairing the sensors before. its mostly the wiring right at the sensor itself. Just thought i'd throw that out there. Don't forget some dielectric grease on assembly, makes it easy to connect and disconnect and keeps moisture out!

aerocharged polaris

Reaction score
ok, Thanks for the info, I figured out if you just keep the wires apart, it's the same as having the switch pressed in, so I just disassembled the switch and rapped the 2 wires in electrical tape.

Top Bottom