2008 nytro

saz

Reaction score
Has anyone tried pulling off the stock muffler and just running a straight pipe? In four strokes(cars) straight pipes or open header build power ,why not on a four stroke sled? I know it may be loud but will it hurt or help performance?

My sled is stock right now but I plan on adding k&n air cleaners and a power programmer if I can figure out which one. I have pulled off that huge muffler as well.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a guy with an RX-1 with the baffles punched out. I don't know if he had more power, but it sure was annoying.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with a stright pipe, sounds like chit. MBRP makes a can that fits in stock location, takes ten minutes to install, shaves off 8 or 10 lbs and sounds pretty good for around $300.00. Also, don't forget, 4 strokes will actually show a slight power loss with no back pressure. Take that as you will.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i removed mine last year and replaced it with a baffled bottle. better sound didnt notice much power gain(like you would anyway lol) but im switching it out this year for a yoshimura that i aquired over the summer. from what i understand you need to get a tuner or programmer to richen the mixture to compensate for the lack of restriction or face bigger problems down the road. but i deffinately would not run strait pipe on a nytro its insanely loud and sounds like crap! but if your gonna change the muffler out anyway, you might wanna look into a tunnel dump kit to free up some more space.:d

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my builder run a Yosh street bike muffler on my 08 Nytro under the seat.........it sounded wicked & didn't have any issues with power loss. I did other mods such as clutching, etc as well. It did free up space on the rear to carry gas & tunnel bag also.

RN

Top Bottom