2008 m1000, 162 " ski's hunting side to side

4Cats

Reaction score
Hey Guys we have a 2008 M1000, 162" Sno-Pro, and it is in absolutely mint and stock condition. When on a hardpacked trail it wants to hunt from side to side and its hard to handle,,would a ski alignment fix this? Is it an inherent problem because Im on hardpack?

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it is the alignment! the skis should be toed out a bit. it doesn't have to be much, but it does need to be there

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys we have a 2008 M1000, 162" Sno-Pro, and it is in absolutely mint and stock condition. When on a hardpacked trail it wants to hunt from side to side and its hard to handle,,would a ski alignment fix this? Is it an inherent problem because Im on hardpack?

yes it is the alignment! the skis should be toed out a bit. it doesn't have to be much, but it does need to be there

That, and get rid of the stock ski's I found that Simmons work the best for me, others swear by the Sly Dogs.

Marmot MB

Reaction score
I have a 2008 M8 had the same issue for a while.

Run a straight 2 X 4 up from the edge of each side of the track, up to your ski's then measure off that to create 1/8" toe out on each ski (total toe out will be 1/4") I measured to the Carbide mounting bolts on the front and rear of each ski.

I found the knuckles easy to adjust, just take your time and be accurate.

Helped the darting considerably.

Also take some time to play with your suspension set up as well. this also helped greatly with the trail handling.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That, and get rid of the stock ski's I found that Simmons work the best for me, others swear by the Sly Dogs.

I have no problem with stock ski's,I actually like them and see aftermarket ski's as a waste of money.
I've ran Simmons before and those were the ski's that I hated the most.
On trail while moving they were not to bad but I don't ride my sled on trails other than getting to the powder.
If ya wanna part with your stockers I could use them after last June's ride on miles of gravel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Cats

Reaction score
I have a 2008 M8 had the same issue for a while.

Run a straight 2 X 4 up from the edge of each side of the track, up to your ski's then measure off that to create 1/8" toe out on each ski (total toe out will be 1/4") I measured to the Carbide mounting bolts on the front and rear of each ski.

I found the knuckles easy to adjust, just take your time and be accurate.

Helped the darting considerably.

Also take some time to play with your suspension set up as well. this also helped greatly with the trail handling.

Thanks,,will do

Top Bottom