2008 Brute Force 650 4x4i - Best Maintenance Tips?

MacDizzle

Reaction score
Im having a hell of a time finding an affordable manual for this thing. I am trying to figure out the best kinds of oils and filters etc to use for fluid changes, also what kind of repairs are fairly routine and should be done regularly?. I just bought it and want to give her a bit of a fresh start. Any info you guys could help with would be awesome. I really would love to have a blown up diagram of the entire bike with all the parts #'s etc so I can more easily identify problem parts and pieces for diagnosis and replacement. Do they make a Hayes Manual for this bike?

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your best bet for a manual is the factory one which are typically about $100. I'm pretty hard on my shhtuff, so it was well worth it for me. Maintenance purely depends on the type of riding you do. If you spend lots of time in the mud, you will need to do way more maintenance than the manual recommends. If you play in the mud, change all your fluids (engine, diffs, coolant) at least once a year regardless of the mileage you put on. Check your belt and clutches regularly. Check your air filter after every ride. Always give your machine a once over before you go riding if you can - always check your tie rods and ball joints for play 'cause a failure here can be very bad. Also check axles for play, wheel bearings for play, and grease your a-arm bushings if they take grease. Also, there are a number of vent lines that can come loose from your diffs, crank case, fuel tank, etc - make sure these are securely fastened. For me, the vent lines on the diffs are the ones I find are the most likely to come off.

Top Bottom