2007 m 1000 suspension set up

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm finding the nose very heavey. limiter strap all the way out. front spring preload about 1 1/4 inch . rear springs on lowest weight setting. not sur how much air in the front shocks. I'm trying to get a smoother ride on rough trail home. usually 1 -2 foot mogals. the normal 200 sled pounded trail ride home. :confused:

mad mikes sled rentals

Reaction score
drop the suspension out of your 1000 look in the tunnel there is holes drilled on the front of your tunnel but not on the outside there will be three holes for the front skid bolts drillthe bottom one try that it will pick up the front end alot easier and you can slowly tighten your straps till you get the ride you want:cool:

cles

Reaction score
The front end just doesn't want to lift on the 07 M1000....I don't know whether it's due to weight or suspension geometry, or a combination of both. I ended up putting rear springs and rear shock off of a 2006 M7 on my skid. They are a lighter spring, and different valving in the shock. It made the ride MUCH better. It still barely lifts the skis though...not always a bad thing.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The M1000 is front heavy, nature of the beast. Big engines are not light. You have done what I would suggest you do. Have you climbed with your machine? If yes then you appreciate it's a Goat on Roids. This machine when clutched will go vertical like no other stocker....................YOU WANT YOUR SKIS ON OR TAPPING SNOW. Your asking to much out of a specially designed machine. Trail machines are trail machines/ Mountain sleds are mtn sleds. A bearable ......acceptable...........compromise......can be found. The only thing that will make a noticeable difference is a pair of OHLINS with piggy ressy. But just climb man just climb:D:D:D

Top Bottom