2006 summit model number

mikeym

Reaction score
hi. 1st post here.

i just bought a 2006 summit 800 151 track. all the decals were removed by previous owner so not sure if it is the X model or not. i know the X model had a few better parts on it like chrome moly A-arms, roller clutch and better shocks, but not sure how to tell them apart 100%. gave the ser# to the insurance agent and she came back stating it was a Summit X 800HO, but not sure if that is just a default thing or actual model by ser#.

did an internet search to try and see if i could find a decoder for the ser# but no luck.

so my question is, does anyone know where i can find out if it is an X model or not. as far as i can tell the model # from the ser# is CG6C if that helps.

thanks for any help.

rgds
Mike

CS989

Reaction score
That doesn't work I think you need to use numbers 5 - 8 in the serial number to identify the model

Sent from my iPhone using

mikeym

Reaction score
i will give Martin a call and see. i am pretty sure it is the X model as it has the aluminum shocks on it.

has anyone dealt with Martin Equipment, how accomadating is their service dept? the previous owner (it was the son of the owner of Driving Force, didn't buy it from him but the service manager at Driving Force) took it into them every year to go over, so i was wondering if they would let me know what if any modifications or updates they did to the machine. in particular any jetting or needle upgrades and engine upgrades.

thanks
Mike

Top Bottom