2006 summit highmark x info needed

rolling54727

Reaction score
Ok I have a few dumb questions? I bought a highmark x 1000, 2006. with 500miles on it. so i thought it was fuel injection I could drive it in wisconsin and out west (8000'). drove it here in wisconsin for about 50 miles and blew it up. Didnt know it was on midde altitude. Didnt know you had to reset computer to drive in different elavations. Rebuilt the sled and went out west WY in the moutains and blew it up about 1/2 mile from lodge. my local engine guy says i cold seized it. Top piston ring was gone and top side of piston was missing for the most part.Looks like ring hit exchaust port on bottom and messed that up to. So now hes putting it back togther again. He put SDI pistons in it, double rings. any info on this sled would be helpful. my local deal doesnt seem to know much about this sled. and i have no owners manual should i put it back togetherand off it, and get a different one or are these good sleds to have. I ride with all artic cats and they are trying to talk me into getting one of them.

mdwils

Reaction score
Hey,
did you find anything out?
I've got the same questions as you and our dealer sounds about like yours.

Top Bottom