2006 summit 800 x

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put crankshop single/mbrp can on their REV .I have the can ,but thinking about a pipe? I put Skidoo tunnel stiffeners and a-arm protectors on the other day. A few home maid bends to the a-arm brackets and the fit good now. The stiffeners on the other hand were not fun, 4 stripped allen head bolts and one track/cross shaft bolt broke ,and alot of cursing they seem to have tightened every thing up quit a bit. Have not tried yet, Revy bound Jan 22. Has anyone tried the Specialty Sleds stiffner it looks like it would be a easier install?

Attachments

• IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 64

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mbrp Can

I Have Put A Mbrp Can On My '06 1000rt, And Sounds Almost Stock At Idle, But Under Load, Has Great Sound(quite Loud Too).... I Like It And Saves About 20 - 30 Lbs, I Suspect. Can't Help You On The Tunnel Stiffeners, But I Think I'm Gonna Look At The "specialty Sled" Stiffeners.;)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
MBRP Can Loud

In my opinion the MBRP can is too loud. As soon as you punch it the sound becomes too much. In the mountains it's OK but locally, I would not suggest it.
Here is a clip for you to here it for youself.

:rolleyes:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the mbrp can already ,so I'am going to keep it .I agree it is alittle loud but I think it is quiter than my last sled.ZX 800 crankshop single & can,with trail port. She barked pretty good.I was curiours if anyone had run this pipe on a REV .Good ,bad, re-jet or not. As for the OEM stiffeners they work great but you have to drop your back end of your track down to remove/drill out the toe hold brackets/rivets .You can see one the black allan head bolts on the bottom of your tunnel by the toe hold,the other is up inside the tunnel ,they are steel with locktite into aluminium threads "not cool" once all back togeather you cant even tell you have stiffeners which to me is why I went with them. The other style that are on top of the foot rest would be way way easier to install. My 2 cents

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have cranksop single/specialty can on an 06/800/X. Supposed to gain about 8HP and loose 14.5#. Did not rejet as plugs don't show a need for jetting however throttle response seems extra crisp....2500KM and it hasn't blown so I'm not changing anything. Definatly a sweet sound when front end comes out of the snow but also to loud for populated areas. Ceramic coating seems to be breaking down 8" past y-pipe, could be runnig a little warm.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 69

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Way to louds

My vote to loud stay in the mountains:nono:

Attachments

• maylong 2012 008.jpg
    maylong 2012 008.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 55

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks I was pondering Ceramic coating .Are you running stock panels/hood .A fella I was sledding with in GP burnt little slots in the side panels/hood to let the heat out, he said it was the only way to go but I did'nt care for the way it looked. P.S have ya changed your clutch at all? thanks for the tips.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Panels are all stock,clutch is set on #3 and was pulling 7900RPM at about 8500'. I think the pipe may have tarnished just from use as one guy in group has a Dynoport that has tarnished about the same....not rusting like a painted pipe ,just tarnished. I don't think heat under hood is an issue but aftermarket vent kits will deffinatly lower temps.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I need to make a tripp to the store,thanks all for the info

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S SUMMITRIC if you are looking at different tunnel stiffeners , I will gladly take some pics of mine and send them to ya ,if that helps.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Overkill 19

If You Could Take Some Pics, That Would Be Great... You Could Try And Post Them Under This Section(i'm Sure There Would Be Some Interest In It)... Thanks Man, I Really Appreciate It.:)

Top Bottom