2006 660 grizzly tinny noise in engine

travv55

Reaction score
any suggestions in where to start looking. I have a 2006 660 grizzly after engine is warm there is a tinny noise, almost sounds like a lose heat shield also noticed exhaust pipe red hot. removed the baffle in the exhuast to see if it was plugged it was ok .anyone see or heard of any problems like . been a really good quad up until now

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Was the pipe red hot at the head or towards the back? What does the plug look like ?What colour is it?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deffinitly check your plug make sure its not runnin lean. DO you have and exaustl leak any wear in the system ???

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was having some squeaking noises and i took my clutch out re greased everything and it went away. it could very well be something like that.. id take your clutch out and re grease it all and see if the sound changes.

forgot to mention my brother in law had the same problem and it was also fixed when we cleaned and re-greased the clutch.

vanderkracht

Reaction score
On the muffler heat sheild there are some sleaves, washers and I think plastic/rubber rings On my 05' ( which is identical ) those washers were worn a bit and lose. Does it go away when you throttle up a bit ??

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep i had the same problem too check heat shields by the gas tank,
also check the clutches, clean and regrease should be done every season, buy the grizzly grease from yamaha it good stuff.

Top Bottom