2006 500 sportsman

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my steering on my 500 sportsman is squeeking and its like its in four wheel drive when i turn. i have checked the tie rods and their fine but i dont know what else to check.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you won't get the squeek to go away. mine does it to. it is caused by the spring rubbing on the frame where you mount it under the box. for the steering maybe you tightened you tie rod end to tight when you put the lift on. the are supposed to be tightened to 43 foot pound.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no there is no grease nipple. i have heard of people spraying the bearings or whatever that hold the stem in place with wd-40.

superduty 348

Reaction score
my steering on my 500 sportsman is squeeking and its like its in four wheel drive when i turn. i have checked the tie rods and their fine but i dont know what else to check.

This is a common thing on the sportsmans, the squeak you are hearing is coming from where the front struts mount to the frame.All you have to do is remove the top part of the strut where it sandwiches the the frame and put some water proof grease in there.Put it back together and you will hear no squeaks anymore.They just need some lube,If you don't want to take it apart spray some good quality motocross chain lube on it , that works too.It also repels water and dirt better than wd 40 or similar lubes.You must spray or grease
it on the top and bottom sides.

Top Bottom