2004 Vertical Edge track options

yamafam

Reaction score
Looking for anyone with info on doing a track swap/suspension on a 2004 ve 151. I want to go to a newer style track and not spend a whole ton of cash. Thinking a take off 155 or something. Anyone know if a dragon suspension will fit or if you can just swap the rails? Thanks

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dragon suspension will work, just need to make spacers as the tunnel is narrower on the dragon. I had a Timbersled from a Dragon on my Edge, just made 3/8" inch spacers for each side, worked perfect.

I'm pretty sure the rails are interchangeable as well.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with a 159" Series 4 with rail extensions on mine (from Tracks USA), cheap upgrade and made a big difference

yamafam

Reaction score
My buddy has a 153 off a nytro that I might squeeze on it but the 151 for around home is ok and im thinking I might just rent if I get to go to the mountains.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you had the Edge up to the mountains? Could still rip it up pretty good up there even with the 151". Only reason I switched is cause I was getting competitive with a modded Apex. Lol

yamafam

Reaction score
Went to vale twice last year. Did fine. Just alot more work than the new ones. Found it trenched alot in the deep powder

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 03 ve 151 had a camoplast maverick 162 track installed by the previous owner ( my coworker), I have since switched to a 162 challenger style off an AC. It works much better than the maverick. It has a drop and roll and 159" rails.

I took it to vale a few times and it climbed fine but the handling wasn't the best.

Sent from my iPhone using

yamafam

Reaction score
If I was going to do it I would do 7t drivers 162 extentions and a powder claw or challenger. But by time a guy is done id almost be at $1000 and still have poor handling. Im going Save the $1000 for sno check.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I went to a 2011 pro 800 155 with powerclaw.

Sent from my iPhone using

yamafam

Reaction score
Im hoping to rent one for the weekend and see how I like it. Then hop on my budz xm and compare. Ill keep the edge around for ditch banging and whatnot.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was definitely more work to toss around, but still easier than the Yamahas I was riding with! Lol.

I figure being used to tossing the Edge around will make my new Pro a dream to ride. First ride this sunday to break them in!

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, the pro is much easier to manuever. Still takes some time to get used to though, have to focus on not trying so hard!!

It is amazing how much lighter the front end feels on the pro, really lifts when on the throttle compared to my edge.

Top Bottom