2004 vertical edge 800

yamafam

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the process of doing a rebuild for my sled and was just wondering if anyone has ran v-force reeds with these sleds and whether or not their worth it. There's nothing wrong with the stock one but I'd like to make the most of this sled.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the process of doing a rebuild for my sled and was just wondering if anyone has ran v-force reeds with these sleds and whether or not their worth it. There's nothing wrong with the stock one but I'd like to make the most of this sled.

They wont make any huge noticable differences unless you combine them with the SLP intake (gutted airbox) and remove your stock filters and add a couple flowrites. I always ran them, and had good success with them on the Edge. They will definatley be better then your stockers. In my opinion the best and cheapest mod for the Edge was removing your sway bar and doing the SLP intake. Then add a SLP pipe and "The Thing" can reeds are expensive and the gains are minimal. The SLP pipe works very well and is a substanchial gain.

yamafam

Reaction score
It has the slp intake on it as well as crank shop twins. So I probably would benifit from a set. Any idea what there worth? I didn't think they were expensive.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to remove the sway bar? Just hack it?

Yes just take your grinder to it as close as you can to the belly pan on both sides and then just pull it out.

Reeds not sure thought they were around $350 or so?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you setting this thing up for the mountains or flatland?

yamafam

Reaction score
Thanks. I used the search and found that v-force don't last so I won't be buying any. Apparently if u in-bolt one trailing arm u can get it out in one piece. Ill just be cutting tho, quicker IMO. Mostly mountians. I won't miss the bar.
Thanks for your suggestions.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree removing the sway bar works very well, slp pipe and intake work awesome on mine

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I used the search and found that v-force don't last so I won't be buying any. Apparently if u in-bolt one trailing arm u can get it out in one piece. Ill just be cutting tho, quicker IMO. Mostly mountians. I won't miss the bar.
Thanks for your suggestions.

The V Force III were good on the edge chassis and did last for a while. They are not good on the CFI 2 engine in the new pro. Another option is Boyseens reeds

Top Bottom