2003 Yamaha 450 Kodiac

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok this is the first Yamaha of any kind I've owned and would like any opinions you Yamaha guys have on this particular Quad.I bought it because I know a few guys with Grizzlies and this is supposed to be it's little brother so to speak and I have heard nothing but good things on the grizzly.I know its not independant suspension but other than that I like it so far.I bought it for my daughter and wife to chase me around on my Prowler.
OK Shoot!
catmando!

Attachments

• 2146.jpg
    2146.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 68

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I should be good for a couple years,It seems to be strong and nothing is bent up so hopefully all the rumors are true.Just got to get on e-bay and get some Arctic Cat stickers. LOL!:Cool9:

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya there a good atv i lke them because there nice and light and easy to throw around and tough just dont get that computer box thing in the back full of water lol

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 450 kodiak and I think its a great quad I use it for hunting, clearing snow, pulling a post pounder, and just fun riding never had any problems. Two of my friends bought the same quad because they liked it so much.:perfect10:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just had a little issue with the clutch and thought bad things about it for a while but after some research and talking to a couple mechanics I found out it wasnt the machine that was at fault.The clutch bolt came off and it fell apart nicely smoothing out the splines.I'm told it was likely due to it not being torqed right when it was put together the last time( before I owned it)Couple hundred bucks in parts and we should be on the road again!
catmando!

bt650i

Reaction score
Nice to hear that it won't cost you much to put it back together. I was with the group of guys with the H1 ripped apart for the same thing..... My buddy is still trying to get some warranty out of his.... will see what happens....

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to hear,I would rather buy gas than parts,warranty can be a good thing when they come through for you!Got mine back together again,got lucky and only stripped about a quarter of the threads, so didnt have to replace the shaft.Must have been loose for a while cause what a difference in performance!Thanks again for your help!
catmando!

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have some of you guys have a YAMAHA Big Bear and are they good machine

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive heard good things about them,I think Yamaha makes as good of quad as anyone,I dont think you can go wrong with that choice.Just to clarify so I dont get beat to a pulp,We are talking Quads LOL!
catmando!

Top Bottom