2003 buell xb9r custom

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me anything usefull about this bike? I love my GSX-R but I also love the sound of the harley V twin. I know the buel wont have the power but Im willing to give up the power for a nice ride......A guy wants to trade me...and I wanted a buell before I got the GSX-R but just would like to hear the good and the bad!

I do know the buell WONT spin to 14 000 RPM LOL

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I test rode one and quite liked it. It felt like a 10lb motorcycle with a 300lb engine, as opposed to a japanese sportbike where they feel like one piece. It won't have the power of your Gixxer, but that's like comparing apples and melons. Revving it doesn't do anything. The power is kinda like a VTR, all down low. Service may become a problem in time as Buell no longer exists.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy has an 07 and has it chipped right to the teats.....its an awesome ride, he has no problem pulling wheelies at 70-80 mph

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
they are suposed to be pretty reliable
but costly if they break something

and in my opinion one of the most ugly bikes on the streets

even though i dont like the gixxers i would keep that instead of getting that buell

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to mention you will recieve christmas gifts from the Loctite Corporation due to all the locatite you will have to use on all the fastners if you want the parts that are on it to stay on it. A buddies wife had one and we were constantly tightning everything that would vibrate loose, maybe thats why she liked it so much.....like riding a giant vibrator:d

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe thats why she liked it so much.....like riding a giant vibrator:d

Why do you think girls ride Harley's? Honestly, 800lbs and 50hp means it's very unintimidating, and they vibrate. Sportbikes are both smooth and can be scary due to the power to weight ratio, therefore it's rare to see women on them (not as rare as good drivers in edmonton but close).

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 2003 XB9S for a number of years. cool ride and fun in town. It pulls wheelies with a great deal of effort and was pretty reliable for me. Parts were cheap (1/2 the price of harley) and I did have to take a look around once in a while for anthing coming lose.

In short, I loved the bike.

Top Bottom