2003 artic cat 900 any good?

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys im lookin at a 03 900 and just curious is there anything i should be lookin for as far as regular issues go? are they a fairly decent sled? its only got just over 1100kms on it. any input would be great thanks :beer:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my riding bud's has one. He put an ATACC on it so no jetting. Gas and go. I don't think I've ever seen him open the hood other than to add oil. Solid sled IMO.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys im lookin at a 03 900 and just curious is there anything i should be lookin for as far as regular issues go? are they a fairly decent sled? its only got just over 1100kms on it. any input would be great thanks :beer:

A friend has a 2004 900 or 1M if you will and he complains about deep Powder casuing him bogging issues with the air intake!!!! His is EFi as well. I know he spent the money on a vent kit this year to help with the powder intake.

HARDCORE

Reaction score
I had an 04 M1, ran flawless, only issue for me was that it rode like a lumber wagon even with upgraded suspension........other than that I LOVED IT

Sled Nut

Reaction score
I own a 03 Mountain Cat 900......I have had no engine problems at all. These machines shake a lot so rivets on tunnel will loosen over time. The 9 tower clutch is not very good. Change it to a 6 tower fixed pin. These are some things that I've found. I would not trade it for anything. I've rode lots of others and like the feel of this ride. The 900 has tons of torque not a speed demon but macks up for it in t:ThumbsupMsn:orque. It will climb to the heavens.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
there is so many easy fixes for the right side powder bog

i love mine (just a 800 but basicly the same)

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks alot for the input guys, much appreciated :beer:

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my King. Lots of power. Not too heavy. No powder bog on it, which is nice. 162 Challenger track is very nice. The ride on the trail is not the best, but it gets me to where we climb.

900catattack

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2003 900 1M 151" end of last year, spent the summer fixing the cracks on the tunnel in the foot wells, added better boards, new clutch springs, Boss seat, 153" powerclaw, new 8T drivers, antistab kit, and wildchild forward steering post relocate...Still have a bit more work to do before I can take it out for the first ride this year but I loved it when it was stock last year and cant wait to test out all the upgrades soon..( I hope )

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just buy my 05 KK instead. All done up and ready to go.:d

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
horrible chassis, bullet proof engine, plain and simple. I have built 2- 30,000$ versions of the sled and the M8 is still a better sled.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of my riding buddies had them up until last year and loved them, the 900 has some decent pull thats for sure.Also my dad has one for his spare sled and for bombing around the prairies and he almost likes it more than his 08 M8:d

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
900 motor is a torque monster, and a few options bring out the best in it!!!
900's are hard on chains. I change mine every year, way cheaper than a chaincase and a heli ride.

PTO side drive shaft bearings are known to be a weak link.

Chassis is old style, but very durable. Love the Holz skid in mine, soaks up the whoops in the trail and keeps the skis down on a climb.

2003's don't have the drop and roll chaincase the Kings do. 05/06 Kings have extrovert drivers and 3.0 pitch tracks.

Hope that helps

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks again for the input guys i actually decided against the sled back in feburary, kind of an old thread but thanks again :beer::beer::beer:

lancealot

Reaction score
iv got 03 900 cat bought last year, had to do some repairs bought chain case, but sled pulls pretty good i went from 583 summit to a 900 know im loveing it .

Top Bottom