2001 RMK Sliders

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I've got a problem, I have a 2001 151" RMK. Two years ago I rode all season on one set of sliders, last year I changed them and rode only once and burned them thru to the rails and ruined the rails.:rant:
I run scratches, the snow was good most of the time and no other sled had problems. I run extroverts but it is not dropped and rolled.
Has anyone had a simular experience and any suggestion would be welcomed.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could try ARCTIC CAT LOL!
just kidding LMAO!
catmando!
Check and make sure you didnt bend something,you been getting some air on the hardpack?Just a thought.:snow:

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sliders

Thanks to "Lost" who donated some time, supplied and welder, my rails are repaired. Also thanks to "Summitric" for th use of hs shop and ginder for preping thr rails.
Summitric and I assembled and re-installed the skid on Christmas Eve. We may have found the problem.
1. It appears the previous owner may have had it appart and assembled it wrong which added pressure to the center of the skid.
2. The front limiter strap was too tight pulling all the weight to the back of the skid.
So later this week when we are in McBride we will find out if it's fixed. Lets hope so,

Last edited:
  • Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well we rode McBride and with scratchers working great my slidders still wore down 50% with two days riding.
I did de-bur the clips on the track to eliminate this as a possible problem. I also run extroverts so the track is not tight. We puled the skid and it is not bent.
We think it may be the angle of the skid. The previous owner had moved the track back and raised the back end by a couple of inches. At the time they did not lower the the font skid bolts so it appears the weight may be more on the back of the skid than the center as originally designed.
Does anyone have further thoughts on this problem"

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hurt my back...been on the couch for the last couple of days. Will be over next week to do some Mods!
:trustme:

Attachments

• dalton's jump A.jpg
    dalton's jump A.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 57

GRD

Reaction score
Old timers

That is all I can say.

Must be getting old!

Top Bottom