2000 Polaris 700 rmk, ACCS, or ATTAC

sab187

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new sleding and have a few questions about the sled I just bought. It is a 2000 RMK 700 with 1200 miles and it stock except for the airbox as I understand it. The guy before me had a slp pipe and so had the airbox mod done as well. When he changed it back to the stock pipe and can he left the airbox mod. So my question is should i just keep the ACCS system or scrap it and go with the ATTAC system. From reading the posts it seems the ATTAC is a good way to go if one wants pull and go convenience and it seems the ACCS system is a gas guzzler which sucks. If i go with the ATTAC system, what would be a good jetting start point from say a lowest riding temp at -30 deg cel and a low elevation of 1000 ft. From there I would mostly ride in the 2500 to 4500 ft range and of coarse around -15 to +5 would be average ride temps. Also would anyone reccommend an EGT guage over just running it hard and checking the plugs. If an EGT is recommended, is there a simple one that just shows the exaust temp and not a bunch of extras I don't need. Of coarse cost is always a concern :d lol. thx in advance for any help!! oh and also down here at about 1000 ft and at 12 deg cel, it is seeming too idle high at 2500 rpm. If you put the choke at mid point it idles down to 1500. Not sure what is going on yet and havent been able to test it as we have no snow yet!! :rant: Any input would be appreciated :)

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a 99 700 any time i screwed with the airbox i cause myself problems. The Kiehen carbs only work right with the stock airbox. I tryed everything to make pods work even built a airbox out of PVC pipe fittings and it was a waste of time.

sab187

Reaction score
Ya, I have been worried about the airbox as well having heard similar stories. I am not sure if he moded a stock airbox or installed a whole aftermarket one. thx for the input :d

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The high idle that comes down with partial choke indicates a few things:
1: The pilot jet is too small.
2: The gutted airbox is causing a lean idle fuel mixture.
3: An air leak is causing a lean fuel condition in the crankcase. Causes for air leak may be a faulty carb boot or a leaking crankcase seal.

Chances are that the previous owner just ripped out the baffles in the airbox. If you want a stock airbox try getting hold of Dusty at Snowmobile Recyclers

For baseline jetting get the carb specs on a 98 RMK700 which used the Keihin carbs but did not have the ACCS system. I just looked at Polaris Industries website and they don't go back as far as 1998 so perhaps some one on here could give them to you or see your dealer.

EthanWbr

Reaction score
if you want the sled to really run crisp find your self a set of mikuni tmx rack carbs off an 2002 rmk 800 run a stock air box that is gutted and get a holtzman vari-flow

sab187

Reaction score
Ya that is what I was thinking, get rid of the ACCS and carbs and get an ATTAC or a variflow. The variflow is nice b/c there is some user input so u know whats goin on. If I were to go with a set of carbs as u suggested, how would one determine a baseline jetting? And also would the stock clutching still be ok? Excuse my ignorance but as I said still new to sleds lol. Thx all for your input:) Oh and by the way, i sprayed starter fluid around the reed boots and the seals and no rpm change...whew all good there

EthanWbr

Reaction score
this is the set up that i am running there a 40mm carb and im running 340 mains i will have to look at my sled and see what i am doing again for the clutch i think am blue with white spring with 10-58 weights and rear clutch team secondary black with red spring 58/38

sab187

Reaction score
There is a set of the carbs u discribed on ebay for $150 and a variflow brand new for $100...off to spend $250 :d i will fiqure out the clutching after i get it out and see how it performes. thx alot for the input

Top Bottom