2" leveling kit with fifth wheel

Spanic

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2011 ram 2500 and looking into a 2" leveling kit. We just bought a new 5th wheel toy hauler so I am wondering if I can put a leveling kit in without flipping the axles on my trailer. I am putting air bags on my truck to help out with the weight. If anyone could help me out with this decision that would be great, thanks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It just depends on the hight of the trailer.

I like mine level but have seen lots with to high of a truck and the trailer bumper is just about draging.

My truck has a 2 inch lift plus 60 psi in the bags makes about 1.5 more.

But with 2500 lbs hitch weight it evens it out lol.

Biggest thing is if the truck is to high then the box sides to trailer get too close also. So its better to have lower truck and lower trailer hitch to level so u get that room.

from my HTC

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2" leveling kit just lifts the front of the truck to make it level when it's not loaded. With air in the bags it'll be OK and won't look like a dog with worms going down the road. How big of a toy hauler?

Spanic

Reaction score
It's a 38' heartland torque. It is fairly high, it's got the 16" rubber. I talked to a friend, he had a '06 dodge with leveling kit, trailer same height and he never had to change axles. Thanks a lot for the input guys

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah should be fine, friends dad runs 12 2500 mega with 2 inch front level. Bags and sits level with a 8 ft wide 6 place sled trailer. I think its like 7-8 feet tall or something, it was ordered for UTVs so its really tall.

Top Bottom