1998 Summit 670 w carb stuck open - revving like mad

Atraz

Reaction score
I just cleaned out my carbs as the sled wouldn't start due to old gas. Now it starts great but is revving like crazy (especially once it warms up). It's like the floats on the carbs are stuck open maybe? Not sure what to do. I don't think the cables are routed any differently now than they were before I took the carbs out. Was I supposed to grease the floats or do anything else besides clean and blow out the bottom of the carbs when I dealt with the old gas?

Thanks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check to see if both slides are properly seated. I'm guessing one of them is hung up...floats wouldn't cause it to rev up, fuel would be running out of the overflow if it were a float issue.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to Google "how a carburetor works". Lots of good information out there, and it won't take long to learn. Once you understand how they work it's a lot easier to figure out why they don't work. A lot easier for us to give you advise if you have some basic knowledge first too.

Atraz

Reaction score
Yup. Slide (that is what I meant when I said float - doh!) wasn't seated properly and was hung up. Thanks.

Top Bottom