1995 honda fourtrax?

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 95 honda fourtrax with the 300 engine from a friend, he beat the hell out it, and i'm currently in the process of trying to kill it but it wont die!!!! pinned first gear trying to get through the snow and it just makes alot of funny noises and goes :d anything to look out for on the quads? anybody know who makes some perf upgrades for this? ( lil low in powere dept!)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
It's a 300...low power? compared to a 4 5 6 or 700 maybe....try to kill it, good luck, fuggin things are bullet proof...My advise is drive her till she drops without "trying" to kill it, keep fresh oil, diff and coolant and it'll outlast most of the newer ones..
If you "try to kill it" and succeed then what? drive-er like she's stolen.. and watch her outlive the rest...just my opinion

powderpusher

Reaction score
got a 90 honda 4trax 300 ,it is indestructable i am going to rebuild mine this summer but when i do it im going to bore it out at least 10-15 thousands and go to oversize piston also upgrading to k&n air filter

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got 2 1986 350 4X4's like bogger said they may not have the power of the new bigger machines but if you know how to use them they'll go just as far and last twice as long. the wifes bike smokes like a bugger (piston rings bought it like that) but when you hit the throttle she'll still pick up the tires. i think when i rip her's apart i will also put in over size piston shes not used to the technical side of rippin through the mud so a little extra power might help her through

by the way where do you buy k & n air filters and how much im looking for two

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will vouch for what everyone else says....The Honda 300's go & go & go.
Might not win any speed contests....but durable!!! We have a '91 Fourtrax 300 (actual 280'ish).

powderpusher

Reaction score
You can get a k&n filter through napa or a local honda dealer mine cost me $78 but it made a big difference,as for the wifes machine that is smoking ,try to add 250 ml of synthetic 2 cycle oil or 250 ml of tranny fluid to your gas and run it through for one tank of fuel ,mine was doing the same thing so i ran 250 ml of ipone snowmobile oil through the gas and it cleared the problem up tranny fluid will also work the same some times it is just glazing in the cylinder and the rings stick a little the tranny fluid mixed intyhe gas will cut the glaze if that is the problem

Reaction score
hello i got a 89 honda fortrax 300 and everyone is right can not kill them so what i am going to do is put a snorkel and any upgrades i can does anyone have any suggestions let me know thanks

gbroad23

Reaction score
Ive got a 2000 350es fourtacks. Came with 24" tires. I went to a 25" tire which gave me a bit more clearance. Then I added a K&n filter along with a DYNO jet kit. Low end is about the same or a little better than with the stock size tires. Top end is definatly faster. Just going off my but dyno, no real #s to confirm this. I could go to the bigger jet yet if I was to rip the baffles out of get a after market free flow pipe. It is now my daughters quad so I think I will leave it the way it is. One upgrade I would like to put on it is a front disk break kit as the drum breaks dont hold up at all. About $500 from High Lifter - The Leader In Custom After-Market ATV Accessories

DylanANGLE

Reaction score
Hey ive got a 90 fourtrax and im trying to take the baffle out to have a little fun annoying my neighbors how do i take it out?

Snorked N' Torked 1000

Reaction score
Hey guys;

Seen you all talking about your Hondas I've got a buddy who has a 94 Honda 300 foretrax looking for the rear end assembly. Including the swing arm and rear diff. I would be okay with just the diff I can fix the swing arm but would prefer not to. Let me know if any of you have any suggestions.

Top Bottom