162 2.5 V.S 162 3 inch

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So im thinking about a new track for my sled. I currently hve a 162 2.25inch powerclaw. And I also like to go for the odd rip around home once in a while when we hve a dump of snow. Though if I had a 3 inch I would just switch it out for the weekend or whatever and then switch it back again before my next trip to the mountains. (which could get old real fast) Mainly what I am wondering is will an 2009 M8 with some clutching spin a 3 inch fine and will this sort of track be suitable for riding when for say you go up to valemount and everything is just pounded? I realize you should have a couple sets of scratchers on the sled but how much better does the 3 inch really perform over a 2.5 inch track. And i am pretty sure you dont have to change drivers on the m cats to fit a 3 inch in am I correct?

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 inch can be pretty squirelly on the hardpack..... also can rip lugs off easier if you punch it on hardpack as opposed to a 2.5.... or so i have heard. i have a 3 inch on my sled an absolutely love it when it comes to deeper snow, but it is hairy on hardpack imo.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt think a relatively stock M8 would cause lugs to rip off on the hardpack uless i hit a rock or something. I just want the best bang for my buck and a track shouldnt cause any reliability issues. just a bit of clutch work which i wanted to do anyway.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go with the 2.5. those tracks work really good.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya i guess i will have to decide which to go with before i make a purchase. Cause not everyday are you in bottomless powder but will see i guess.

Top Bottom