15 Base RMK rear suspension

prelude48

Reaction score
2015 base rmk 600 144, looking to change the rear suspension to the pro style, remove torsion springs.

Does anyone have any info on if this can be done, i found a guy on kijiji selling base rear suspension because he swapped to pro, i messaged him and asked the details and he was pretty veg and didn't seem to want to help out, which is fine.

Should i have bought a pro? of course but i had my reasoning for the 600 144. So if anyone could politely point me in a direction i would be greatly appreciate.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Certainly it can be done. It will take some measuring, likely new drop brackets for the tunnel and an extension, but it can be done. Might be worth a call to Kevin at Kmod, as he builds suspensions for both, he may be able to tell you if you need new drop brackets. (208) 681-0348. Or, PM me with your front to rear arm measurements, as I have a 155 Pro here, can let you know if it's a direct bolt in or if fabrication is required - not difficult, just time consuming and requires a few tools.

palerider57

Reaction score
For the dollars, time and aggravation, I'd say don't do it. It will always be a base 600 144 at heart. All your aftermarket work will just be tease, and you will eventually want the Pro. But I also know that will be costly!
Just sayin'.....as politely as I can

2002prox800

Reaction score
Take a look at the new Indy 550 144. Looks like the Same rear suspension with a coil over.

Top Bottom