09 XP Issues Knock code, check engine light on beeps.

oopow

Reaction score
Looking for ideas, here goes. First ride experienced bog rpm drops below 7000 in deep stuff chokes out let cool for 5-10 minutes goes again few minutes then cuts out no engine light or warnings. Sled is stock no venting 800 miles. Second ride has similar symptoms deal with it and let it cool down. Mid-day at higher elevation after a good pull rpm dies, keep going, sled beeps and the check engine light flashes sled bogs tops out at 5500 rpm knock code comes on. Let it cool down check plugs good colour sled has check engine and knock code on beeps continually thru rest of day. Sled starts runs just has knock and check engine on screen, okay on road bogs out to stall in deep. Checked both knock sensor and throttle position sensor with a hammer and meter both have resistance and respond, compression decent 145 a side, popped power valves off rings intact no scoring reservoir is holding coolant and pressure in system. Looking for any suggestions at this point.

Last edited:

oopow

Reaction score
I was thinking possibly old or bad gas anyway running 94 from chevron going to drain it today start fresh.

Last edited:

oopow

Reaction score
Hoping to get in at dealer with a reader soon, holidays always a bum time to have issues!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had my 08 set off engine knock codes/check engine, on a high speed run into coal creek. engine codes wouldn't reset, no idea what it was. found out the gas wasn't as good as it should have been. premium 91. would not have had trouble if we had been higher up i'm thinking, but i won't be doing that again. dealer should be able to give you an idea what to look for, more than likely poor quality gas. maybe ask around and see if anyone has had trouble with the retailer you bought from.

Top Bottom