09 summit xp clutches stick closed

winchester77

Reaction score
i just bought a 2009 summit xp 154 800r with 75 miles on it and the clutches stick closed on it some times it drags the motor down and stalls it out then i have a hell of a time to get them disengaged have to start it again im ready to sell it what can i do to fix it i was thinking a dj clutch kit will that help whats the best thing to do to fix these stubborn clutches

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know some guys had problems with longer pins in the clutch hitting. i would check that and the spring and arms, it should never stick closed
giddyup

finndoo

Reaction score
Sometimes the secondary roller studs can back out and cause it to act up. you can check those by taking off your belt and leaving the little tool threaded in so that you see inside the sheaves. Rotate you clutch and you will see two # 27 torx bolts directly across from one another. You can tighten them but you can not add any loctite unless you disassemble the secondary. It may not be your problem but worth a look.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need to take it off , disassemble and see where its binding - might be able to see some marks

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both clutches? my primary stuck closed once, it was a broken roller arm.

Top Bottom