09 800 dragon turbo help

Dragon boy

Reaction score
Hi need to know if this is a good setup for my sled, I am thinking about buying this off of a guy, he had it on a 08 600 iq, running 93 pump gas at sea level, here's what I got , Details- It originated as a Boondocker Turbo Kit, it comes with;

-Attitude Fuel controller
-Silber Turbo blow off valve
-Upgraded Turbo Performance Oil Pump
-Turbosmart Manual Boost controller
-GT2860 Ball bearing turbo
-Innovate Powersports Wideband O2 Sensor
-VDO Boost gauge
-Turbo Performance gauge mount.
-Fuel lines and regulator
-Oil Tank
-All the intake/charge air plumbing/air box.
This is going to be run at sea level to 1500 feet on 91-93 pump gas, I will be adding a lower psi waste gate and a boondoctor timing key, any and all help would be great, and maybe some clutching ideas, I mostly hard trail ride, ( lots of woods/ haul roads) ad also 660-1000 feet drag racing, please help me

Dragon boy

Reaction score
Anybody ? I am new to the turbo game and would love some help on this, just don't know how good this setup would be for me, thanks

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ? I am new to the turbo game and would love some help on this, just don't know how good this setup would be for me, thanks

Ive gone down that road before and if I were you i would by a sled thats has a turbo installed and setup.

Dragon boy

Reaction score
Thanks for the the infor, but sorry I got to asked, is it the install or the tuning that's going to be a headache ? I did a lot of reading on setups, and yes the hole fuel needs, I do have a guy that has a dyno close by, and a friend that is very good at clutching and the hole tuning thing, my main concern is are the parts I am looking at any good ? Would it be a trouble free setup ? I know it will take a little to get it all set up but that's what the long summer is for lol

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the the infor, but sorry I got to asked, is it the install or the tuning that's going to be a headache ? I did a lot of reading on setups, and yes the hole fuel needs, I do have a guy that has a dyno close by, and a friend that is very good at clutching and the hole tuning thing, my main concern is are the parts I am looking at any good ? Would it be a trouble free setup ? I know it will take a little to get it all set up but that's what the long summer is for lol

Well if you have good support that would make a difference cost wise. Ive taken turbos to so called turbo doctors with no success. Looks like you dont have injectors in the list of parts. The install is fairly easy the tuning can be painful.

I think the attitude controller is a dobeck not sure the same one silber turbos used.

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pump gas and turbos even at low boost is asking for trouble, I would just run it on 100ll av gas as it not much more money then 93. 100ll,8 pounds of boost, no timing key. Is this kit have a intercooler??

Dragon boy

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the problem with av fuel is I can't get it where I live, my airport won't sell it to people unless I have a plane lol, and there's one place I can get it but its like 5 hour drive and it's $2.50 a litler, now like I said before I am in now way a turbo master, hell never even rode one before, but I did read on a turbo form that at sea level a intercooler on low boost on pump gas can be a bad thing ??? Thanks for the help guys keep it coming please, mostly want to know if the parts are good parts or junk, I think the price is right ($1150) the guy sold the sled and has no used for this where his new sled is turbo already

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.50 a litre holy crap, 1.70 I was paying last winter right from the pump at the airport by my house.

Dragon boy

Reaction score
Haha now u know the reason I don't want to run av, and plus I would have that 5 hour drive to get it

Dragon boy

Reaction score
I called today and it's 2.48 a lilter, so lolling at over $105 a tank, that's the only reason I don't want to run that fuel , from what I been reading ( and please let me know if this sounds right) this setup will be/ will work good at sea level on pump gas with low boost(4-6 psi) if its run with low waste gate and a boondoctor timing key, I read that tuning a intercooler at sea level on low boost can't hurt performance/ motor, if I do get this setup I just want to run it on 4-6 psi, than next year put on a turbo head, etc. I work away ( gone for 2 weeks home for one weeks, and only get like 2 days of riding in on days off

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You most likely won't need race gas or av gas at the psi you plan on running. I have a boondocker turbo dragon and run at or close to 7psi on premium. If I went past 7psi I would get some predetonation but cleaned up with a little race gas mix.

Dragon boy

Reaction score
What's your setup ? Do u have a head and timing key ? I/c? Are u at sea level ? Thanks for the info,

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your setup ? Do u have a head and timing key ? I/c? Are u at sea level ? Thanks for the info,

Its a complete boondocker pump gas kit complete with clutching. On a completely stock 800 and I believe the injectors are stock as well. I have dual digitrons installed and a manual boost gauge. Im at 2000 feet approx but ride mostly mountains. The sled has been pull and go from day one until the crank seals and rings wore out just over 3000km

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time. You don't sound like you have the experience. If you truly want a turbo buy a kit from a reputable dealer that will help you through the setup process. So many variables to overcome with a piece together setup. You will probably regret ever seeing the deal your looking at. Its cheap for a reason.

Top Bottom