08 XP Over Oiling

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out riding last Saturday and burnt almost 3/4 of a tank of Oil to less than 1/2 a tank of fuel! I got looking things over last night and I have thick unburnt oil puking out of my Y-pipe Union and my Pipe- Can Union. The only thing that's changed since the last time that I rode is the Speed Sensor no longer works properly (the connector got broke and I'm waiting for a new one to come in). However I don't feel that this could be affecting how the oil pump operates as there are no electronics associated with it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's tough to see down there, but check your oil pump cable. when they break, they are designed to go full open and will pour the oil to 'er. it has happened to a lot of XPs

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's tough to see down there, but check your oil pump cable. when they break, they are designed to go full open and will pour the oil to 'er. it has happened to a lot of XPs

yup especially on the 2008 this was a problem and a recall.

this sounds exactly like what happened

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I'll check the cable! Sometimes it helps to just check the most simple things first instead of the most complex!

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has or does anyone go to premix on Xp's? I know when I did on my S chassis the throttle pull was about half without the oil pump on it. It would be nice to have a lighter throttle.

Top Bottom