08 summit ignition fail

campstove

Reaction score
lost spark on my 08, have metered out stator, kill switch, dess, tried unplugging, plugging back in just about every thing, tried buddies ecm and gauge cluster, nothing seems to work..ANY IDEAS!!!thanx:confused::confused:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
lost spark on my 08, have metered out stator, kill switch, dess, tried unplugging, plugging back in just about every thing, tried buddies ecm and gauge cluster, nothing seems to work..ANY IDEAS!!!thanx:confused::confused:

This happened on my 08 and it turned out to be a wire that shorted out against a rivet on the belly just under the recoil I believe. It was a common problem and I think there is a BRP bulletin out for it if you search the net. Good luck

campstove

Reaction score
are you talking about the wire from the stator to the voltage regulator under the oil tank or is there another one under the recoil??

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
are you talking about the wire from the stator to the voltage regulator under the oil tank or is there another one under the recoil??

It is really hard to see this wire it is hidden right on the bottom of the engine. I don't have time right now to post the link but if you search "dootalk" for the problem with the wire shorting out on the "rivet" you will find over 20 peeps that have had this problem...worked for me... if I have time tonight I'll post a link.

Top Bottom