08 m8 no running

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so my sled started running teribly, would not pass 6500 rpm burnt like 5+ liters in 3.5 k. now it will only flash up then die. things i looked at
43psi fuel pressure (12 volts to the pump direct)
put the computer and injectors in another 08 ran perfect
while it would still run i cheaked voltage at the injectors 16.5, seams high to me
new plugs and good spark
i am borowing a ccu from a friend to try this week
any ideas????? anyone seen this?

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was only a tiny bit left in the tank and i filled it with new 110

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were did u store it? Could someone have built a nest in your air intakes or some were else. I found a mouse nest in my sled couple springs ago now I put bounce sheet under hood for winter. Did you add injector cleaner to fuel for first tank of year?

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i had all that apart this fall to clean the throtle bodies, i have it narowed down to the stator. it will be going by friday

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your power valves as they might be sticking. When was the last time you cleaned them? Maybe the cable cam off the servo? Sounds about right for the rpm that your getting, if i remember right i think powervalves opened at like 6800

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw the same thing with a friends 08 m8. Turns out there was a wire intermittently grounding out on the chassis at that big cluster by the ecu. New wiring harness and problem was solved. Look for a bared wire. Might not be your problem, but sounds very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom