07 skidoo summit 800R electrics all quit but the engine seems to run ok.

07 Summit X

Reaction score
I have heard that there may be a Relay that goes out on this sled and makes the electrics go out.
If any one know the part number for this relay also the exact location I would appreciate it.
I have also heard it was a problem with no dielectric grease in the ECM if any one Has any advice I would appreciate It!!

• Love
Reactions: BIB

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relay just above secondary. I just took mine out and took in to dealer. 40 bucks and unfortunately was not the problem.

BIB

Reaction score
Sounds like the relay. 1 inch black cube. Pull it out and take it to napa or canadian tire. Around $8.00. Buy two and carry a spare.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had no reverse but it turned out to be plugged pilots and wasn't idling right to go in reverse. Then they found low compression so $3600 later we gonna try it next weekend

07 Summit X

Reaction score
Hey thanks alot I will try that, and also put some dielectric grease on the ecm plug. I appreciate the feed back

07 Summit X

Reaction score
I replaced the relay, it worked perfect. Thankyou all for your replys. Also look out for the retaining clip that holds the spark plug wires into the coil it breaks very easy!

BIB

Reaction score
Ya! been there with the plastic retainer on the coil. I was trying to sort the no power issue that turned out to be the relay. Ski Doo should put a sticker on the coil saying try relay first.

07 Summit X

Reaction score
That plastic clip is not really for taking off more than once, pretty cheap way of holding in something as important as the plug wires

Top Bottom