07 Polaris 600 switchback, Questions

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I have an 07 Polaris that has chewed three belts (one was used mind you) so I am assuming that I have a clutch issue. I don't think I getting as much power as I should be but I think I have other issues at play here. How do I remove the primary? I removed the bolt and gave it a couple of taps with the rubber dead blow hammer but it didn't budge. Do I have to remove the bottom pan as there doesn't seem like there is enough room for a puller? Also I noticed that my plugs are wet and black. I have notices that i have to open the throttle a bit just to get it started after it warms up. I have also noticed a black oily goo on one of the exhaust valve covers. Not sure where that is coming from. The previous owner had the atac system added to the lead could this be causing som problems? any insite would be appreciated. And no, buying another sled is not going to fly,as she who must be obeyed said no more toys for a while. :rollingpin:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So no one knows how to get the Pimary Pulley off?? Hmm

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your talking about getting the clutch off the pto of your engine you will need one of these
It's half way down the page under Polaris. And to me it sounds like your motor mounts are done that often will cause clutches to come out of line. And for the holtzman attacc system your supposed to set your sled up to the lowest altitude that the sled will see ( so the richest setting ) and the attacc system will take over and regulate from there. And as for the power valve leak it sounds like your diaphragm and or spring isnt in proper working order. Hope this helps

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, the diaphram that you are referring to what does it control? could that cause the over fuelling or should I be looking at the Attac system?

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It controls the exhaust valve operation. It could cause a little bit of the black plugs. But it all depends on what altittude the previous owner had it set up for. I would try throwing a new set of plugs into it when The belt issue is figured out and do some throttle chops and plug reads beforee you start going through the jetting.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I have an 07 Polaris that has chewed three belts (one was used mind you) so I am assuming that I have a clutch issue. I don't think I getting as much power as I should be but I think I have other issues at play here. How do I remove the primary? I removed the bolt and gave it a couple of taps with the rubber dead blow hammer but it didn't budge. Do I have to remove the bottom pan as there doesn't seem like there is enough room for a puller? Also I noticed that my plugs are wet and black. I have notices that i have to open the throttle a bit just to get it started after it warms up. I have also noticed a black oily goo on one of the exhaust valve covers. Not sure where that is coming from. The previous owner had the atac system added to the lead could this be causing som problems? any insite would be appreciated. And no, buying another sled is not going to fly,as she who must be obeyed said no more toys for a while. :rollingpin:
Just adjust your oil pump to a point there should be a line were the throttle cable hooks to it adjust it till they both line up. That should fix your over oiling problem. Then check all of the engine mounts its common that they break which allows the engine to twist and that means your clutches are not lined up, and you will go through belts like crazy. Hope this helps to get ya back on the snow!

Top Bottom